Mechanization Hubs Lead
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hello Tractor connects tractor owners to smallholder farmers through an IoT digital solution that supports improved management of tractor businesses, ensuring tractor owner success, while connecting farmers to affordable services. Our solution begins with a low-cost hardware monitoring device that can be installed on any tractor, connecting it to the cloud for remote data tracking and analytics. By expanding tractors’ serviceable geography, we enable owners to grow their businesses, providing employment opportunities for service providers and rural booking agents. By creating equitable access to tractor services, we enable smallholder farmers to earn more and grow more, improving livelihoods and food security for their families and communities.
The Mechanization Hubs Lead is responsible for helping to accelerate Hello Tractor’s commercial priorities. Your key responsibility will be to aggressively scale up mechanization hubs, focusing on driving revenue growth and expanding market share. You’ll implement strategies to monetize our innovative mechanization services and technology, boosting farmer productivity and profitability across our priority markets. This entails forging commercial partnerships, launching new hub services, and ensuring our offerings directly contribute to significant sales increases and sustainable business expansion. With a focus on technological integration and innovation, this role plays a crucial part in launching and scaling Mechanization Hubs’ across five priority markets: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Nigeria.
Scope of work: Hello Tractor connects tractor owners to farmers through an Internet-of- Things (IoT) digital solution by supporting improved management of tractor businesses, ensuring tractor owner success, while connecting smallholder farmers to affordable, mechanized services. Hello Tractor launched Mechanization Hubs in 2023 and is rapidly scaling across four priority markets. This position is designed to assist Hello Tractor efficiently and effectively scale mechanization hubs to support our Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) tractor owners and provide smallholder farmers with access to comprehensive services to improve production.
Job specific Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a go-to-market approach and playbook for the successful launch and expansion of Mechanization Hubs in key markets.
- Cultivate a team environment focused on collaboration and achieving tangible results.
- Lead the mechanization hubs team to achieve revenue targets and market penetration.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize customer acquisition and retention in collaboration with the sales, customer success, and product teams
- Develop and manage budgets for each Mechanization Hub location, controlling costs and optimizing profitability.
- Negotiate favorable terms and maintain strong partnerships.
- Oversee the coordination and communication between different locations.
- Implement strategies to ensure consistency in service quality and operational efficiency.
- Scale Mechanization Hubs to 30 across 5 target markets: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Nigeria
- Achieve revenue targets per Mech Hub
- Implement streamlined processes and procedures to ensure consistency across all hubs
- High quality customer service and maintenance provision
- Clear and scalable spare parts supply chain management
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the agricultural machinery repair and maintenance sector
- Strong understanding of commercial tractor repair processes and spare parts management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train and manage a team effectively
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with clients and service providers
- Knowledge of agricultural production services and post-harvest processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Business Management, or a related field.
English (mandatory), local dialects (appreciated)
If you are a strategic thinker, results-driven, and passionate about creating positive change in agriculture through technology, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join Hello Tractor in revolutionizing smallholder farming and contributing to sustainable agricultural development!