Duration: 6 – 12 Months
Hello Tractor has a bold vision to radically transform how the smallholder agricultural ecosystem interacts with and derives value from technology. At Hello Tractor, we are unlocking value across the mechanization value chain – from tractor fleet owners to contractors, SMEs, and smallholder farmers. We crowd in technology to catalyze that transformative value, lower transaction costs, and increase market transparency while creating a sustainable impact across the agricultural lifecycle.
The Hello Tractor Impact Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for talented and passionate individuals interested in solving challenging problems to join in this vision. Fellows will work with and contribute to a startup team to address some of the most critical and exciting agricultural issues in the developing world. Fellows will be physically located in Nairobi, Kenya.
Due to travel restrictions around COVID-19, remote work will also be considered. This fellowship is for you if you have experience or curiosity in any of these key areas:
- Designing and developing high-quality, efficient, and maintainable Android applications.
- Leading a team of developers in defining, designing, and shipping new features.
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers and providing technical expertise to the team.
- Writing unit tests to ensure code robustness, reliability, and maintainability.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Debugging and resolving application issues and maintaining code quality and organization.
- Ensuring optimal performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Collaborating with product management, UX/UI designers and backend engineers to develop a seamless user experience.
- University degree with at least two years of work experience in related fields (e.g. start-ups, agri-tech, consulting, social enterprises)
- Strong analytical, critical business judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with different kinds of stakeholders
- Flexibility, ability to work autonomously, in a team setting, and proactively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- General curiosity and passion for development in emerging economies
If this sounds like what you have been seeking, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Impact Fellowship in the subject line.