Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Hello Tractor connects tractor owners to smallholder farmers through an IoT digital solution that supports improved management of tractor businesses, ensuring tractor owner success, while connecting farmers to affordable services. Our solution begins with a low-cost hardware monitoring device that can be installed on any tractor, connecting it to the cloud for remote data tracking and analytics. By expanding tractors’ serviceable geography, we enable owners to grow their businesses, providing employment opportunities for service providers and rural booking agents. By creating equitable access to tractor services, we enable smallholder farmers to earn more and grow more, improving livelihoods and food security for their families and communities.
Hello Tractor has grown significantly in a short period, with a marketplace of 4,000+ connected devices servicing more than 1 million smallholder farmers in 13 countries in
Africa, 3 countries in Asia, and 2 in the Caribbean and Central America. In 2022, we launched a Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) tractor financing product to address the severe deficit of mechanized assets in these economies, unlocking low-risk, low-cost tractor financing for rural, under-banked entrepreneurs servicing smallholder farmers. In 2023, we launched mechanization hubs to address various challenges faced by farmers and tractor owners, particularly in regions where agricultural practices are still evolving, to enhance agricultural productivity and efficiency. The next phase of this work involves strengthening these strategically located hubs to better serve our customers, improve the number of mechanized engagements per acre, and increase the take rate for Hello Tractor. A critical aspect of this growth relies on building and growing our strategic partnerships.
We’re seeking a Partnerships Lead at Hello Tractor, where you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and nurturing all partner relationships and projects from inception to conclusion. Your primary responsibility will be to align our partnership strategies with Hello Tractor’s commercial objectives, ensuring successful collaboration and project execution. This role requires a combination of strategic planning, project management, market analysis, and leadership skills.
What you will do
- Manage partnerships end-to-end, from launch to successful close, including contract negotiation, project planning, operational oversight, monitoring and evaluation, and
- Oversee partner team operations, from developing project plans to designing marketing/reporting key messaging to delivering presentations on partnership goals,
results, and impact
- Work closely with commercial, product, sales and marketing teams to facilitate a collaborative and coordinated approach to deliver partnership goals
- Engage with external wider stakeholder ecosystem to build partner pipeline
- Stay tuned into market and industry developments and share key insights with internal and external stakeholders
What you will be measured on
- Ability to deliver quality and relevant partnerships to Hello Tractor’s objectives, as well as deepen existing relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently resolve project-related challenges that arise during project execution, and the capacity to make
informed decisions under pressure
- Ability to facilitate meetings, coordinate activities across different departments, and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned and informed about project progress and
- Ability to assess the impact of these projects on strengthening partner relationships, enhancing the company’s market position, or supporting business growth objectives
Who you are
- 5-8 years of experience developing and managing strategic partnerships within the agriculture, consulting, or startup environment
- Track record of building and maintaining business relationships
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to communicate, and excellent listening skills
What we offer
- We offer an industry-competitive salary and benefits, with an opportunity to participate in the company’s equity incentive program
If this sounds like what you have been seeking, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Partnerships Lead in the subject line.